We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Easy to make, this scrambled egg and cheese recipe is a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 140 g of raw ham
- 4 slices of coppa
- 4 slices of country bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- 60 g of cow cheese
- 8 eggs
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 1 mesclun of young shoots (for 4 people)
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Scrambled eggs with cheese
- Slice the ham and the coppa.
- Toast the country bread, rub it lightly with the garlic. Then cut the mouillettes.
- Crust and cut the cheese.
- Make the scrambled eggs: break the eggs into a bowl, beat them into an omelet. Season with pepper and salt. In a saucepan, melt the butter, cook the eggs gently.
- In each plate: place the mesclun, make a hole in the middle.
Arrange the cold cuts and cheese on the salad, scrambled eggs in the center. Serve immediately, accompanied by the breadcrumbs.
Find out more about butter
In cooking, this dairy product is used in different forms to enhance many dishes. We can mention in particular:
- brown butter, cooked until a nutty color.
- the white butter, reduction of vinegar and shallots whipped in butter.
These two types of butter are a delicious addition to fish.
- red butter, reduction of shallots and red wine (or Madeira) whipped in butter. This butter enhances the taste of meats.
- compound butters, made with mainly butter mixed with all kinds of ingredients, served hot, cold, salty or sweet. They accompany shellfish, grilled meats, vegetables, pancakes, sandwiches, canapes ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel