We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is an easy dessert to make all year round with this rice cake with dried apricots, at the same time light, fruity and delicious.
Ingredients for 4 persons
Rice cake with dried apricots
- 100 g round rice
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 pinch of salt
- 65 g of dried apricots
- 25g sugar
Dried apricot coulis
- 100 g of dried apricots
- 25 cl of water
Rice cake and dried apricot coulis
For the rice cake with dried apricots:
- Scrape off the seeds inside the vanilla bean with the tip of a knife.
- Rinse the rice. Place in a saucepan, cover with cold water.
- Heat and remove from heat after 2 to 3 minutes of boiling.
- Rinse again and drain.
In a large saucepan,
- Combine the rice, milk, vanilla seeds, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring regularly (the milk should be absorbed).
- Let cool.
- Cut the dried apricots into brunoise, add them to the almost cold rice.
- Divide into small ramekins and place in the fridge.
For the dried apricot coulis:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, place the dried apricots in it.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the apricots in the bowl of a blender with 25 cl of water and blend.
- Reserve in the fridge.
- Unmould the small rice cakes, place them on a plate and pour a bead of apricot coulis all around.
You can add 20 cl of whipped liquid cream when the rice is cold. Whipped cream will make this recipe
- Cellar side:
- Well being:
Calories per person: 370
Rice pudding is best when using whole milk. Fragrant, refreshing, apricot is one of the richest fruits in
provitamin A (or carotene): 1.5 to 3 mg per 100 g, which corresponds to almost 50% of the daily requirements!
Photo: C. Herlédan