We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Onion soup is an essential and delicious gratin recipe, as easy as it is quick to make and very economical ...
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 350 g ofonions yellow
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 1 liter of water
- 4 thick slices of bread
- 125 g grated cheese (Emmental, Gruyère or Comté)
Gratinated onion soup recipe
- Start by peeling the onions
- Boil the water in a saucepan
- Chop the onions very finely
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven
- Add the onions then brown them over a covered heat until they are lightly candied (caramelized)
- Then add the flour to the onions and mix to distribute the flour evenly.
- Pour water over the onions and simmer 15-20 min without covering
- When the soup has reduced to about 1/4, turn off the heat
- Switch the oven to the grill position
- Toast the bread
- Once the bread is toasted, put it in the bottom of an ovenproof bowl (take 4 bowls or 4 deep soup plates)
- Pour the soup then the grated cheese on top
- Place the bowls 5-6 min under the oven grill
- Salt with fleur du sel, pepper
If you only have a large soup tureen, you can put the 4 slices of bread on the bottom walls, then the soup and finally the cheese before putting it under the grill.
Enjoy your meal !