We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Autumn marks the arrival of pumpkins, their delicious recipes and colors. Here is an original and slightly spicy idea with this pumpkin curry.
Preparation : 20 min
Cooking : 40 min
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower oil
- 30 g clarified butter
- 200 g red lentils
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon tomato paste 1 tsp. coffee of garam massala
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 300 g of pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of sugar
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Pumpkin curry recipe
- Peel, wash and cut the onions into mirepoix.
- In a casserole dish, heat the oil with the butter. Cook the onions without coloring. Add the lentils, pour 50 cl of water, add the tomato paste and spices.
- During this time, peel and pre-cook the pumpkin by steaming, it should come out still crunchy.
- Cut the pumpkin into large cubes, pour it into the lentil casserole dish with the sugar. Mix and continue cooking. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the casserole dish on high heat until the sauce thickens. - Serve hot with fragrant rice.
LEARN MORE ...
From the legume family (split peas, red beans, broad beans, etc.), red lentils are used in Asian cuisine, mixed with rice and spices. Peeled red lentils (hence the orange color), they lend themselves well to making soups because, devoid of their shell, they melt quickly when cooked.
Low in calories (20 calories per 100 grams), pumpkin is characterized by a very high water content (92%) and a high concentration of provitamins A (carotene): the more the pumpkin is intense in color, the more it contains!
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel