We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
As a starter or as an aperitif, enjoy this recipe of mackerel, lime, dill and cheese rillettes.
Preparation : 20 min
Rest : 1 h
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 organic lime
- 1⁄2 bunch ofdill
- 4 canned mackerel fillets (with mustard, tomato, etc.)
- 100 g of cream cheese (Petit Billy type)
- 1 tsp. white cheese
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Mackerel rillettes recipe
- Wash, brush and remove the lemon zest. Squeeze it and collect its juice.
- Wash, dry and finely chop the dill.
- Drain the mackerel fillets.
- In a salad bowl, place the cream cheese, the mackerel previously crumbled, the lemon zest and juice. Season with pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Add the cottage cheese, dill and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with toast or buckwheat pancakes.
Learn more about mackerel
Cousin of tuna, mackerel are found in the waters of the North Sea, the Atlantic coasts of North America and Europe, as well as the Mediterranean.
Eaten fresh, smoked, dried and salted, or canned, this semi-fatty fish with a thousand and one preparations (Provencal style, with white wine, mustard, in a cotriade ...) is appreciated for its flesh both thick and fragile whose fragrant flavor tantalizes our taste buds.
Having become a flagship product of the canned fish industry, particularly developed and rooted in Brittany (Finistère and Morbihan), it has been able to inspire manufacturers who, beyond the classic recipe for white wine and herbs, are now working on it. also in verrines, in rillettes and other prepared products.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel