We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cabbage soup is arguably one of the most famous but also the most revisited of soups.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 cabbage green
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 1 onions
- Poultry broth
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 clove
- Salt pepper
Recipe with a subtle taste, here's how to make cabbage soup ...
Cabbage soup recipe
Cabbage soup is quick and easy and can be kept for several days, either in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Start by peeling then washing all the vegetables (carrots, leeks and potatoes)
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces
- For the leek, keep only the white which you will cut into small pieces
- Peel the cabbage, removing the thick green leaves that surround it
- Cut the cabbage into pieces then immerse in boiling water for 5 minutes
- Take out the cabbage and cool immediately in cold water, this action keeps it green
- Drain until there is no more water
- Mince the onions and crush the garlic
- In a pot, heat the butter and olive oil
- Sweat the onions then add the cloves, cabbage and vegetables to let them brown slightly
- Add the poultry broth so that all the vegetables are widely covered (about 1.5 liters)
- Bring everything to a boil then simmer over low heat for 20 minutes
- Adjust seasoning
Enjoy your meal !
Some people prefer to pass the cabbage soup in a blender, but in this recipe, we prefer to taste it as it is with its vegetables cooked in the broth.
Add some toast croutons, it's a delight.
- To discover: stuffed cabbage
Photo credit: fabiomax